1) The best time to do yoga is in the morning before breakfast, when your stomach is empty.
2) Empty your bowls before you start.
3) Have a space that is cleared of all furniture that could cause injury. A pace that is clean, clear of clutter and well ventilated is best.
4) Wear comfortable cloths.
5) Get the gear. Sticky yoga mats can be found in any style for any budget. Yoga belts and blocks to assist in poses are also extremely useful.
6) Always warm up, start with a variety of beginner poses to wake up the muscles and get the blood flowing.
7) Remember to breath deep and always through the nose.
8) Take relaxation breaks. This will allow you to practice longer and give you more strength for your poses
9) Don't push hard. Forcing a pose or stretching to far can lead to injury. The key to success in all posses is to be relaxed, but still engaged.
10) Avoid overeating before practice and drink lots of water. Yoga is also greatly enhanced by a healthy and balanced diet.